Thursday, June 8, 2017

Treeplanting #14: Shit Treeplanters Don't Say


  1. I love when the day off falls on a Sunday. It makes errands so easy
  2. I would never smoke weed - that's illegal
  3. I hope it's warm and sunny out today
  4. Overcast days are so dreary and miserable
  5. Cork boots aren't work the price
  6. What are Bama socks?
  7. There's too much damn pine in the mix
  8. Larch is my favourite species of tree to plant
  9. I hate dogs
  10. Alder? I love alder!
  11. I would never sell trees to an inquiring civilian - that's illegal
  12. I think I'll compete in a 5km race on my day off (funny cuz one planter actually did. And he won the fucking thing)
  13. I'd be so lost without cell service
  14. Thrift stores are the worst
  15. I've never reworn dirty planting clothes the next day
  16. Yellow is my favourite colour of flagging. Especially in fill plants
  17. (Other planting company) is really great. I'll probably go work for them.
  18. I miss planting trees in Ontario.
  19. They day just goes downhill after 4:30
  20. I've never had trouble remembering what day of the actual week it is
  21. I definitely don't hold a small grudge over the highballers
  22. I'm not really the outdoorsy type
  23. The forester knows best!
  24. I always wear complete PPE - that's the rule!
  25. Of course I've read the Planter's Handbook. I know exactly where to find it too
  26. Be sure to fill the burn with spruce
  27. I'd never take drugs - that's illegal
  28. We smell so nice
  29. Fill plants are great
  30. Make sure to shit in the area of block that still needs to be planted
  31. If we're planting with another crew, don't shit on their side of the block - that's not nice.
  32. I'm really modest about where I pee
  33. Yes, that is my tree in red rot
  34. I'd love to help pick up garbage
  35. I'll totally wash my own dishes
  36. I would never ask my crew boss stupid shit I could just find out for myself
  37. I've never been drunk in camp
  38. I definitely overplant larch
  39. Yes, those are my dropped trees.
  40. I'm really impressed when the highballers cream out a gravy section
  41. I've never snapped at my crew boss behind their back.